The Learning Exchange is increasing its capacity to support research activities including:
- Help finding and facilitating people to do community-based participatory research
- Access to space and local networks conducive to knowledge exchange and knowledge translation
- Locally-based staff team that can help navigate the Downtown Eastside and its culture
Research activities at the Learning Exchange are new and evolving—please contact Angela Towle to discuss further.
Research and Knowledge Exchange examples:
- Centre for Intercultural Language Studies (CILS) studied the Learning Exchange’s ESL facilitator training program on the strengths of the innovative workshop format.
- UBC Nursing’s Aboriginal Women’s Intervention studied the use of complex interventions to address the consequences for indigenous women of intimate partner violence and trauma.
- Associate professor of Sociology, Dr. Rima Wilkes, led a seminar series looking at Canadian history and society.